Friends of Scouting is the annual giving campaign of the Central North Carolina Council that helps provide the necessary funds to ensure a quality Scouting program for every youth. The Friends of Scouting Campaign is the council’s largest source of income. Annually, Friends of Scouting donors are a key factor to the viability and quality of our Scouting program.
The Boy Scouts prepare youth to enhance the quality of life for themselves, residents of the Central North Carolina region, the citizens of North Carolina, the nation, and the world. Consider a gift to endow your Friends of Scouting gift through your estate plans.
Please consider sustaining your Friends of Scouting (FOS) gift:
Please consider sustaining your annual FOS giving. You can continue to impact Scouts for generations to come by making a gift to the Boy Scouts of America endowment equal to 25 times your annual giving. For example:
If your current annual Friends of Scouting (FOS) gift is:
- $1,000: Your gift is endowed with a $25,000 bequest.
- $2,500: Your gift is endowed with a $62,500 bequest.
- $5,000: Your gift is endowed with a $125,000 bequest.
How to Incorporate the Boy Scouts of America into your Estate Plans
There are many different ways to make a legacy gift. Some of the more common gift plans are a bequest, a charitable remainder trust, and a gift of a life insurance policy or a retirement plan.
- Include the Boy Scouts in your will by adding a simple codicil or amendment
- Designate gifts of cash, stock, property or valuables
- Name the Central North Carolina Council BSA as the beneficiary of a retirement account, life insurance policy, investment, trust, or annuity.
- $10,000: Your gift is endowed with a $250,000 bequest.
Interested in More Information? Contact Us
Please contact us if you have any questions about the Friends of Scouting Forever program or to request any additional information that might be helpful to you and your family as you consider making a gift to us.
Contact: Carlo Laurore, CFP® CHFC® CLU®