A leader who completes all the training for their position can proudly wear the "Trained" patch on their uniform. To be trained, a leader must complete all of the courses required of their position and submit the record of trainings to the Central NC Council.
Adult Leader Basic Training Requirements
In order to be “trained”, all adult volunteers are required to complete:
1) Youth Protection Training*. This is available on-line at www.my.scouting.org and in classroom.
Must be renewed every 2 years.
2) Leader Specific Training for their position as outlined below:
Volunteer Position(s) Required Training Courses
- All Cub Scout Leaders: Cub Scout Leader Specific Training (available on-line at www.my.scouting.org.)
- Scoutmasters & Assistant Scoutmasters: Boy Scout Leader Specific Training & Outdoor Leader Skills (OLS)
- Troop Committee Members: Troop Committee Challenge (available on-line at www.my.scouting.org.)
- All Venturing Leaders: Venturing Leader Specific Training & Outdoor Leader Skills (OLS)
- All Exploring Leaders: Explorer Leader Training
To keep up-to-date on all the training news and updates, please visit The Training Times at http://www.scouting.org/training/trainingupdates.aspx
*Note: Youth Protection Training is often conducted in conjunction with Leader Specific Classroom Training. Venturing Leaders need to take the "Venturing Version" of Youth Protetction Training. Refer to the training schedule for a detailed listing of course offerings.
Central NC Council Training Calendar
District Training Calendars
Leader Training Documents and Links