Central NC Council Internet Recharter Plan
Every unit should prepare for Internet Rechartering in October. Contact your Unit or District Commissioner to obtain your unit recharter packet (which includes your unit access code). The online system opens November 1.
When you've completed all the information to recharter the unit, click the Submit button. Print the Unit Charter Report Package, which includes the charter renewal application, the Annual Charter Agreement and lists of new members, multiples, and no-fee adults. Acquire the appropriate signatures on the Recharter packet and take the entire packet (new leader applications should have appropriate signatures and proof of Youth Protection Training) and fee payments to your Unit or District Commissioner or to the district turn-in meeting. Unit accident insurance is mandatory for every unit in the council. Internet rechartering does not accommodate this charge. Please remember to collect $1 for each person you are registering, both youth and adult and submit this fee with your paperwork. All charters should be delivered by December 1st to your Unit or District Commissioner. Remember charters will lapse January 1. Please consult your District Executive or Commissioner Staff if you have problems or questions.
You can use the Online Tutorial now to familiarize yourself with the new program. Call Shannon Dick, Registrar
at 704-982-0141, Ext. 224 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Here’s how to proceed:
- Select an adult to be the renewal processor for Internet Rechartering.
- From 60 to 45 days before the unit charter expiration date, the renewal processor should gather recharter material.
- Select First-Time User and enter the unit access code found on your recharter packet from the council (contact your Unit Commissioner to obtain your packet), or select Online Tutorial.
- Select the unit type and enter the unit number.
- C=Pack / S=Troop / P=Crew / R=Ship
- Create a password as instructed.
- Complete the information requested on each screen. You can stop at any time, log off the system, and begin again where you left off by reentering your access code and password.
- When you’ve completed all the information to recharter the unit, click the Submit button.
- Print the Unit Charter Renewal Report Package, which includes the charter renewal application and lists of new members, transfers, multiples, and no-fee adults. Acquire the appropriate signatures on the application, then take the entire packet along with the new applications and fee payments to your Unit Commissioner, District Commissioner, or the district roundtable in November.
2015 Recharter Reminders
- The 2015 Re-charter period runs from November 1st until December 31st
- All Units (traditional and exploring) must use their on-line re-charter system
- Access codes change every year. You are a “first time user” when you sign on for the first time. (A postcard with your access number is in your packet.)
- All Unit leaders MUST have taken Youth Protection Training within the past 24 months (requirement for processing the charter)
- Unit 2015 JTE forms must be filled out and returned with your charter.
- Remember to add $1.00 per person for insurance to the registration fees calculated by the on-line system.
- Completed charters must be reviewed and approved by a member of the Commissioner Staff prior to being turned in
- Unit Charter Payment must be made with a single check. Multiple checks will no longer be accepted.
- Because of the number of on-time charters expected, submission by 12/1 would be appreciated.
- If a unit does not re-charter on-time (12/31):
- Scouts, Scouters, and their respective Units will be dropped from the Central North Carolina Council membership roles
- Units will no longer be able to obtain scouting supplies or awards
- Units will no longer be allowed to gather together as a BSA organization
- Unit Tenure will be lost
- Liability and Accident insurance will be dropped
- Scouts, Scouters, and units will no longer be able to attend district or council wide scouting functions
BSA Internet Rechartering
These sites only support Internet Explorer (IE) version 6.0 or greater. Please use the correct IE browser.
Internet Explorer fix for BSA Youth Protection Training, Internet Advancement, and Tour Permits etc..
Click Below to Begin Internet Re-Chartering